30 October 2013

Meet Loice, the girl taking after Emmy Kosgei and Gloria Muliro in gospel music

 
Age is not an issue when it comes to talent; lately, young artists have been on the rise and doing great music with the likes of Willy Paul presently rocking the stage. Meet the young talented girl who is also causing steers in the gospel music scenes, barely out of high school and she has a music album out with a number of shows coming. She spoke to our correspondent about her music career and where she is heading. Here is the Question & Answer (Q & A) session.

Q: When did you start singing?

A: Since junior school, we would always hold empty bottles as our microphones and sing out ourselves, it was really fun.

Q: How many albums have you done or singles?

A: I have one album out going by the name “Nimetoka Mbali” meaning I have come from far. It has eight songs which include “Nimetoka Mbali, Forgive me and Hear my Voice” to name a few. I have also done a collabo with another gospel music group called Moc-J-2w where I am featured; the song is called “Gospel Itambe”, slang for Let the gospel spread.

Q: What inspires you and who are your role models in the gospel music industry

A: My inspiration comes from God who has given me and other young people talent to sing and praise him. The gospel industry is also blessed with many talented who inspire me; my role models include Emmy Kosgey and Gloria Muliro. I also like Willy Paul, Ruftone, Ringtone and the many others, the list is endless. My mum is also a gospel artiste and a preacher running a faith based organization that seeks to empower youth through growing their talent in music and acting, she also has two albums out, “Kristo ni Jibu” and “Ochelewanga” which has its title in Luhya language.

Q: Are you still in school?

A: I am sitting my final exams in high school now. After the exams, I will go full swing into singing because I will then have all the time to concentrate in production. I also have several singles coming out soon so all my fans and gospel music lovers should stay tuned.

Q: What challenges have you faced as you rise?

A: The music industry has always been challenging, financing my productions has been difficult but thanks to my parents who have supported me. Marketing has also been an issue but I look forward to get signed by a good production house like Grandpa Records or any other ASAP to help with production. I have also registered with Music Copyright and Copyright Board hence I believe I will soon support my music financially when time is right.

Q: What is your next plan as you leave school?
 
A: I will still go on singing and of course continue with college. I am looking forward to start doing collabos with big artists in the Kenyan gospel arena, the likes of Willy Paul, Gloria Muliro, Ruftone and others.

Q: Have you started making money from music?

A: A little, I have sold a few CDs and VCDs. I am a member of Music Copyright Society, MCSK and I am also working on getting my songs to Skiza tunes by Safaricom.

By: Pata Story.com Correspondent

No comments:

Post a Comment